Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween!



On Halloween people are very afraid of children as children do funny things to them. Everybody decorates their haunted houses with sweets, pumpkins and candles. It is a very frightening day, really. People who lived in northern countries created this date to drive away bad spirits. In Brazil it's not very typical to celebrate it on the October 31 st. We have Halloween parties, for example: in clubs and English courses such as Cultural and Wizard people celebrate it. I never went to a Halloween event because I don't know about its origins but now I am learning about this. I am very afraid of witches, witchcraft, devils and dracula but I don't believe in them. It's interesting to decorate carved pumpkins in detail. Kids in the USA and north Europe go to the street and houses asking for money and sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment